Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ouch!! This hurts...

Yesterday was a full day. And I'm tired. I woke up, cut the back yard, took the Old Soul to the Y to work out and then met up with Rain and the other two to go swimming. First off I gotta say, if you've got a Y near you, I bet they've got a kick ass pool. Mine does. It's got that 'graduated entry' like you're at the beach (just no sand - ha), there's two water slides, a really tall water mushroom and a misty water thing and this other thing that squirts water up and in all different directions. I love it.

So, Rain has been hounding the Old Soul to "start working out". He's 13, okay, but whatever. The Old Soul has been getting up every morning and running to the lake in our neighborhood and back. Then, Rain instructed him to do 100 push-ups and sit-ups every day. I'm sorry but I think that's crap. I think it would be different if Rain did something besides just think about doing a sit-up. I also don't believe in 'barking orders'. I'm more of a 'lead-by-example' kinda parent. Enough ranting...

I took him to the Y to work out. I quit working out when my heart started flipping out and have been kinda scared to go back. Any rate, he and I went and had a really good workout. He felt good and I felt good. It was good to go back and realize that it'll just be a-ok for me to work out again. I guess, once again, the Old Soul has shown his mother something. And, today, I'm feeling that lesson. Ouch... Yes, it does hurt. In a good sort of way though... I'm kinda excited about out little workout embarkment we're going on together. All I have to say is.... people, get your tickets early... the gun show is on it's way - ha!

I'm always so proud of my yard when I'm done with it. It's just one of those things you do; and then you're done, and you can go, damn, I did a fine job. Always like seeing something to the end. Cutting the yard is instant gratification for me. Here's a picture of it... I'm like a proud mamma...




And, here's something I found while working in the back yard. Everyone has stupid fears. Mine is moths. You may think they're okay or they're pretty or that they're even interersting. I happen to think they are the spawns of Satan. They fly around all confused and manic. I hate them. And, I'm passionate about this hate. You may think this guy is cool. It took everything I had not to kill it. It is, after all, a living being. As a 'Creature of Light' (seen Ace Ventura?), I do have a hard time killing anything... Let me know what you think...

1 comment:

Lipstick said...

I am totally with you on the creepiness of moths!!! I am also freaked out by turtles and frogs and I don't like plants/trees with really big leaves.

BTW, great back yard!